Monday, June 16, 2008

I hate people

From time to time, I get inflammatory emails at my place of business accusing me of one crime or another. Some key examples:

*You know nothing about what you're talking about and are clearly too stupid to be an editor.
*You are unethical--your pockets are lined with advertiser dollars. I just know it!
*Ugh. Why can't you do the work of 100 minions and constantly go back into every old review and update it with every little detail that has transpired since it was written.
*Ew! How dare you not have perfectly manicured nails! And you're fat, too.

OK, OK...so maybe those aren't word for word. And maybe no one's ever actually called me fat. But you get the drift. Honestly, if I've made a mistake somewhere along the way and someone points it out to me with anything verging on politeness, I totally appreciate it--I'll even send a reply thanking the person who brought it to my attention. I want errors to be fixed, and I don't mind admitting where I've messed up.

But some people are just plain rude, and others are fucking dumbasses. Both groups annoy me equally. Here's a tip: how about you read the entire write-up before pointing out "glaring absences"...ones that are in fact in the fourth paragraph, third line from the bottom. Or what about this: check out the page outlining our reviews rules and processes before criticizing our work and how we're so obviously "accepting bribes." Yeah right...as if you're going to take that advice. I have a better idea: just bend over and let me give you a swift kick in the ass and we'll call it even.

No comments: