Monday, March 26, 2007

California knows how to party

As mentioned in a previous blog, I visited Austin for the first time during SXSW (not recommended) for work (extremely not recommended). In fact, I had more fun during the Interactive portion of the festival/conference/tradeshow/whatever than at the Music segment and here's why:

1. Less crowded (less traffic, too)
2. More open bar parties (can't go wrong there)
3. No fighting skinny hipster boys for hair product at Walgreens (seriously?)

But all in all, I can't complain. After all, I don't have to pay for a dime of it, and I saw two really great shows (Peaches and Holy Fuck). I also got to hang out with some really cool people throughout the week. Check it:


My photographer friend Corinne is always fun to drink with. She even let me take this "self-photo" and taught me how not to give myself a prominent double chin (as is the case with any other self-shoot I've tried).

Veronica and I cohost a podcast at "the place of business", but I rarely get to hang out with her outside of work (she's usually too busy playing WoW...I'm not kidding). We both know how to enjoy a good free drink.


I ran into my friend/ex-college-roommate outside of Beauty Bar. She lives in L.A. and works "in the music industry," but she's still cool.


Safety in numbers: the techy girls flock together at a LifeHacker party.

RJD2 is fucking rad: he's super nice and ultra modest.


OK, so I didn't actually hang out with What Would Jesus DJ (and that's not really his name), but he was a sick mofo of a DJ.


Sadly, I also did not get to spend any quality time with the "clitter" (again, not the real name). The reason this shot looks blurry is because that thing is actually vibrating like mad. Find out more about TwitterDildonics at Slashdong (oh, how I wish I'd made that one up).

No comments: